Literally spice up your burgers! Season your ground meat and let it rest to absorb the flavors. Our V Spice Seasoning enhances the natural flavors of the burger rather than overpowering your palette.
V Spice Burger
Literally spice up your burger! Our V Spice Seasoning enhances the flavors of the burger rather than compete with them.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef 93% lean
- 1/2 lb ground beef 80% lean
- 1 large Vidalia or sweet onion
- 1/2 lb mushrooms shiitake or portabello
- 3 tbsp Jovian Pantry® V Spice Seasoning set aside 1 tbsp for finishing
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire or mild soy sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- tomato sliced
- (optional) mild cheese sliced
- burger buns
- In a large bowl mix the 2 types of ground beef with 2 tbsp of V Spice Seasoning. Form into 5-6 patties and set aside.
- Peel the onion and cut in half. Using a small grater or Microplane, grate in 2 tbsp of onion and onion juice along with the Worcestershire or soy sauce and incorporate them well. Let the burger mixture rest and slice up the onions and mushrooms.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the sliced onions and cook on medium heat until they are caramelized, then add the mushrooms to pan. Continue to saute until the mushroom juices have reduced to a thick consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Time to grill the burgers. If you have a grill pan or large frying pan they will also work. Cook the burgers to your preference*, but remember well done = hockey pucks as they will continue to cook off heat!! Before flipping the burgers sprinkle the remainder of the V Spice Seasoning. The heat will release the aromatics and make your mouth water! Build your burger how you desire and enjoy.
* Please be aware that consuming raw or undercooked meats may increase your risk of foodborne illness.