Skip to content
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb 80% lean ground beef
- 1 large Vidalia or sweet onion
- 1/2 lb mushrooms (fresh shiitake or portobello)
- 3 tbsp Jovian Pantry® V Spice Seasoning; set aside 1 tbsp for finishing
- 3 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce or mild soy sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Your favorite types of lettuce and tomatoes to garnish
- A mild flavor cheese if you would like a cheeseburger
- Don’t forget the buns!
- In a large bowl mix together the 2 types of ground beef with 2 tbsp of V Spice Seasoning. Form into 5-6 patties and set aside.
- Peel the onion and cut in half. Using a small grater, grate in 2 tbsp of onion and onion juice into the burger mix, add Worcestershire sauce and incorporate it well. Let the burger mixture rest and slice up onions and mushrooms.
- Heat up a pan with the olive oil, add the onions and cook on medium heat until they are caramelized, then add the mushrooms to pan. Saute the onions and mushrooms until the mushroom juices have reduced to a thick consistency. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Time to grill the burgers. If you have a grill pan or large frying pan they will also work. Cook the burgers to your preference, but remember that well done = hockey pucks as they will continue to cook off heat!! Before flipping the burgers sprinkle the remainder of the V Spice Seasoning. The heat will release the aromatics and make your mouth water! Build your burger how you desire and enjoy.