You don’t need a smoker or tricked-out grill to make a juicy, succulent brisket at home!
Easy Delicious V Spice Brisket
You don't need a smoker or tricked-out grill to make a juicy, succulent brisket at home!
- 5 lb brisket
- Jovian Pantry® V Spice Seasoning
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut 3 pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil long enough to fully cover and tightly seal the brisket. Cut 4 short sheets of aluminum foil and scrunch them into rolls. Place them on top of the stack of the other sheets; if the logs are too big you can bend them into a v shape.
- Wash the brisket in cold water and with a fork or small knife, poke holes into both sides of the brisket. Rub the brisket with V Spice Seasoning, about 2 to 3 tbsps per side making sure to cover all surfaces including the sides.
- Set the brisket fat side up on top of the foil rolls and begin to make airtight packets with stacked aluminum pieces. The key is to hermetically seal the brisket, cooking it in its own juices.
- Bake for 40 minutes for every pound. A 6-pound brisket will need to be cooked for 4 hours.
- Take out the brisket and CAREFULLY peel back all the layers of the foil exposing the fat. Turn the oven to broil and place the brisket back in the oven for about 2 minutes to blacken and sear the fat. Do not walk away because this process goes fast and will sear very quickly.
- Remove from the oven and let the brisket rest for about 15 minutes and then enjoy the juiciest, most tender brisket ever!
If you have a fat separator, separate the leftover juices in the pouch and thicken with corn starch for a nice au jus.