Heavy Duty aluminum foil
Flat meat rack
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut 4 to 5 pieces of Heavy Duty aluminum foil to fully cover and tightly seal the brisket. If you don’t have a meat rack, then also cut 4 short pieces of aluminum foil and scrunch them into long rolls.
- Wash the brisket in cold water and run meat needler on both sides of brisket. Apply the V Spice Seasoning – 2 to 3 tbsp per side, and rub into the meat, making sure to cover all surface area including side edges.
- Stack the long aluminum pieces and place meat rack or scrunched rolls onto them. Set brisket fat side up on top of rack or rolls and begin to make airtight packets with stacked aluminum pieces. The key is to hermetically seal the brisket, cooking it in its own juices.
- Cook the brisket for 40 minutes for every pound, so a 6-pound brisket will need to be cooked for 4 hours.
- Now go do whatever you want and when 4 hours are up, it is time to unseal the treasure.
- Take out brisket and CAREFULLY peel back all the layers of the foil exposing the fat. Turn oven to broil and place brisket back in the oven for about 2 minutes to blacken and sear the fat. Do not walk away from the oven and monitor this process because it will sear very quickly.
- Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for about 15 minutes and then enjoy the juiciest, most tender brisket ever!