2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 scallion stalks
Olive oil as needed
- Rinse the chicken thighs, you can leave them whole (it takes a little bit longer to cook) or cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Clean and rinse the scallions and coarsely chop. Set aside a little for garnish.
- Heat a non-stick pan or pot on medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the chicken into the pan and sear. Optionally, you can add 1/2 tsp of olive oil to the pan before searing but it is not necessary.
- Once the chicken is seared, add the Caramel Braising Sauce and green onions. Make sure to shake the bottle well so all the spices are mixed evenly. Stir the meat, onions, and sauce together.
- Turn to low heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. This will allow the meat juices to combine with the CBS to make a sauce, and let the meat to cook through all the way.
- (Optional) If you are in a hurry, turn the heat to medium-high or high and stir-fry all the ingredients together until the meat is done (2-3 minutes). This will give you a stickier sauce consistency.
- Garnish with the leftover scallions. Serve with rice or any type of steamed cooked grains and fresh cooked vegetables. Sliced cucumbers go along well, and are quick and easy to serve.