Skip to content
- Rinse the chicken thighs and drain or pat dry. At this point, you can leave them whole (which will take a little bit longer to cook) or cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Clean and rinse the scallions and coarsely chop. Set some aside for garnish.
- Heat a non-stick pan or pot on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken into the pan and sear. Optionally, you can add 1/2 tsp of olive oil to the pan before searing but it is not necessary.
- Once the chicken is seared, add the Caramel Braising Sauce and green onions. For best results shake the bottle well so all the spices are mixed evenly. Stir the meat, onions, and sauce together.
- Turn to low heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. This will allow the juices to combine with the Caramel Braising Sauce to thin the sauce, and let the meat to cook through all the way through.
- (Optional) If you are in a hurry, turn the heat to medium-high and stir-fry all the ingredients until the meat is cooked through (3-4 minutes). This method works best with 1-inch chicken pieces and will give you a stickier sauce consistency.
- Garnish with the leftover scallions. Serve with rice or any type of steamed cooked grains and freshly cooked vegetables. Sliced cucumbers go along well, and are quick and easy to serve.