Quick and Easy Braised Chicken Thighs
Based on the traditional recipe for Caramel Braised dishes you would find at Vietnamese restaurants.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Jovian Pantry® Caramel Braising Sauce
- 2 stalks scallions chopped
- Olive oil as needed
- Rinse the chicken thighs and pat dry. You can leave them whole (which will take a little bit longer to cook) or cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Clean and rinse the scallions and coarsely chop. Set some aside for garnish.
- Heat a non-stick pan or pot on medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chicken into the pan and sear. Optionally, you can add 1/2 tsp of olive oil to the pan before searing but it is not necessary.
- Once the chicken is seared, add Caramel Braising Sauce, about 3-4 tbsps, and scallions. For best results shake the bottle well so all the spices are mixed evenly. Stir the meat, onions, and sauce together.
- Turn to low heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. This will allow the juices to combine with the Caramel Braising Sauce to thin the sauce, and let the meat cook through all the way.
If you are in a hurry, turn the heat to medium-high and stir-fry all the ingredients until the meat is cooked through, in about 3-4 minutes. This method works best with 1-inch chicken pieces and will give you a stickier sauce consistency.