Instant Pots are great for cooking equally tender dishes in a fraction of the time it takes to braise using traditional methods.
Instant Pot Braised Pork Belly
Use your instant pot for tender Pork Belly in a fraction of the time it normally takes to braise!
- 2 lbs pork belly or skin-on pork shoulder
- 1/2 cup red or white wine
- 2 tbsp garlic powder OR
- 4 cloves fresh garlic minced
- Jovian Pantry® Caramel Braising Sauce
- Rinse the pork in cold water and pat dry, then cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Set the Instant Pot on saute mode. Sear the meat and then add the garlic, scallions, wine and half the bottle of your Caramel Braising Sauce.
- Close the Instant Pot and switch to pressure cook mode. Pressure cook on high for 30 minutes then let it release naturally, about 15 minutes.
- If you would like a thicker sauce, switch the Instant Pot to saute mode and reduce the liquid.